On Being More Awesome . . .



Because really, that's what all this New Year: New Me nonsense is really about isn't it? It's the pursuit of awesomeness, and that's a cause I can really get behind.

VanderVision Tip of the Day: Awesomeness is infinite. There is no such thing as too much awesome. There is no ceiling to bang your head against. There are no limits to your awesomeness so KEEP GOING.

I could make really specific goals if I chose to. I've made such attempts in the past with varying results. I could stop hiding dishes in the oven when unexpected guests phone to say they're coming over. I could to stop scowling and muttering to myself when people use your/you're wrong or maybe give up my habit of buying books for my Kindle as if online use of my credit card didn't count "for real" or something.

But really, the list of potential goals is endless and just thinking about it makes my eye start twitching. Nah. Kidding. It always does that.

Anyway . . . my ONE goal for the year? To be MORE AWESOME. Yeah, over on my serious blog I went on and on about, well, something boring and serious probably, but if I were to take all I said over there and condense it, it would come out as "Blah blah blah . . . I'm going to be more awesome!" Really. True story.

I'm going to start by writing books. Lots of them. I finished outlining The Boy in The Mirror on our Christmas trip last month. The voice memo function on my iphone by the way? AWESOME! I'm working on a revision of S.U.P.E.R. that is going to make it more, you guessed it, SUPER (hah, faked you out there, didn't I). Taigaea is coming along nicely in the back of my mind (I've finished that book twice now - third time might be the charm), as is Geomorphosis. In fact, there's every chance that, with some crazy awesome hard work, I could complete four books this year.

But I'm not resolving to do that. I'm not even making it a firm goal. I'm just going to work on being more awesome every single day, and all the rest will follow. Goal-making is vitally important to leading a successful life, I really do believe that. But I'm a neurotic crazy-person and my head is crammed full of the darn things. So I'm taking a more laid back approach this year. I'm going to ease up some of my self-imposed pressure and just try to be a bit better each day. I'm going to make being awesome even more of a daily habit, till all those goals, they just can't help but be accomplished.

Yeah. I'm making this up as I go and it's probably just fluff and nonsense, but it sounds good, right?

1 comment:

  1. I generally hate making resolutions because I always fail at them. Eventually I decided to just try to improve myself in some way each year. It has a nice ring of vagueness and I can pick some obscure thing I learned and pat myself on the back at the end of the year.
    This year though...I somehow came up with a word for the year. We'll see how that goes.
    I applaud your endeavor to become even more awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

@kymburleevan