Perspective



VanderVision Tip of the Day: I think our world would be a better place if we had as many "Helping Others" books as "Self Help" books.

All my saddest times have been my "Self" times. The times when I crawled inside my own head and lived there for a while. It's dark there, and the wrong kind of noisy. It's the noise of mental whirlwind. My insecurities tumble into my neuroses, crash against my hurts, and tangle with strands of life-is-too-hard self-pity.

The best noises are the outside-my-head ones. Conversations with dear ones, my kids giggling, piano pounding, the thrum of awkward-dance inspiring music. I've been thinking a lot lately about how I can tune my ears to hear that more, LIVE that more.

And the only answer that's come to me is to think about myself LESS. Yeah, that's kinda cheesy, I know. But I think some of the best things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

@kymburleevan