I have this thing about ninjas. I'm kind of obsessed with them, and I've decided that EVERY BOOK I WRITE WILL HAVE NINJAS IN IT! Y...

Up With Ninjas! Up With Ninjas!

Up With Ninjas!

Up With Ninjas!

I have this thing about ninjas. I'm kind of obsessed with them, and I've decided that EVERY BOOK I WRITE WILL HAVE NINJAS IN IT! Yep. It's going to be my thing. Some day people will read books with ninjas in and then flip back to the front cover saying, "Whoa! Did Kimberly VanderHorst write this book? Because that's HER thing."

As I've mentioned before (in a previous blog post that I think about seven people read), I get the whole zombie craze, really I do. Zombies are (apparently) a future possibility. And human beings are FASCINATED with what may or may not happen in the future. Zombie plagues. Apocalypses. Crazy dystopian societies where free will is all but eradicated.

But while I get it, I don't go in for it. Not really. I like reading the books, of course, because hey, THEY'RE BOOKS. But I'd like to see a new trend take hold. A trend where we look back at past awesomeness, pluck that awesomeness from history, and reintegrate it into the now.

And ninjas? TOTALLY AWESOME. And while one could argue that ninjas are just as deadly as zombies, they don't have bits of rotten flesh falling off them, they don't smell half so bad, and they won't feast on our brains. So yes, down with zombies, up with ninjas. This is the point I've given up a small chunk of my day to make. You're welcome.

VanderVision Tip of the Day: If it has ninjas in, it is awesome. End of story.

Now to figure out how to work ninjas into my Alice in Wonderland-esque romance novel . . .

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard that song about your 'Inner Ninja'? PSA ~ it's a catchy tune!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.